They say the art of simplicity is a puzzle of complexity, and this timekeeper is no exception. The annual calendar offers a mechanical solution of the utmost elegance, favoring technological simplicity and ease of use.
Simplicity is the hardest thing to achieve. It is the ultimate test of experience, the final push of genius. With the new Marine Chronograph Annual Calendar, Ulysse Nardin has successfully applied this new paradigm to premium watchmaking. The product of a quest for perfection, its annual calendar offers a mechanical solution of disconcerting purity. Simple to use, adjustable both on the front and back, this piece is imbued with the values ofinnovation, reliability and high-precision that are so cherished by the watchmaker. Its UN-153 calibre is entirely manufactured in-house—including the silicium balance-spring.
But where classic devices involve up to thirty components, watchmakers at Ulysse Nardin have managed to develop a system containing around only a dozen elements. In a development of the simple calendar developed for the UN-118 caliber, the annual calendar needed only three additional wheels—a challenge that personifies the spirit of Ludwig Oechslin, the genius creator for whom simplicity is a philosophy.
The new UN-153 caliber is manufactured entirely in-house and beats at 28,800 vibrations per hour, proof of its extreme precision. As for the silicon balance-spring and escapement, they are provided by the company Sigatec, which is co-owned by Ulysse Nardin.
A worthy inheritor of the lineage established by the Marine Chronometer Manufacture (2012) and the Marine Chronograph Manufacture (2013) models, the Marine Chronograph Annual Calendar bears the same outstanding classic forms as sailing instruments, including a ribbed bezel, a screw-crown guaranteeing perfect waterresistance, a full lug width ensuring admirable stability on the wrist and a generous 43 mm diameter case for excellent readability.
An incarnation of the extraordinary history of the manufacturer, equipped with the latest technological advances in chronometry, this new model for 2016 conveys the ever vibrant spirit of Ulysse Nardin.
- Reference 1533-150/40
- Movement caliber UN-153
- In-house designed movement
- Silicium escapement and spring, 28’800 v/h
- Power-Reserve approximately 52 h
- Winding self-winding
- Functions Chronograph with seconds hand in the centre
- 30 minutes counter at 3 o’clock
- 12 hours counter at 6 o’clock
- small seconds counter at 9 o’clock
- Annual calendar, backward/forward setting, with
- months counter at 9 o’clock
- Date at 6’clock
- Case stainless steel
- Bezel fluted, stainless steel
- Dial egg shell or blue with roman numerals
- Crown screw down security crown, covered with rubber
- Diameter 43 mm
- Water-resistance 100 m
- Crystal anti-reflective sapphire crystal
- Case-back open case back with sapphire crystal
- Strap leather strap with folding buckle
Click here for more information
Source: Ulysse Nardin