Dutch cyclist Tom Dumoulin managed to win the 100th edition of the Giro D’Ítalia! Schaap en Citroen and TAG Heuer would like to congratulate Tom Dumoulin for his amazing victory. Dumoulin started 4th yesterday morning in the overall ranking, he made an incredible individual performance in the last time trial to finish 1st. The last Dutchman to won the Tour de France, Vuelta or Giro d’ Italia was Joop Zoetemelk 37 years ago.
TAG Heuer was appointed Official Timekeeper of the legendary Giro d’Italia, which celebrated its 100th edition in 2017. The Swiss watch brand is substantially increasing is involvement in the world of professional cycling. In all, 10 major races from the UCI international calendar are now on TAG Heuer time around the world. A presence which will bolster the partnership signed by the Swiss watch brand with BMC Racing Team.
This global, long-term agreement will complement the Dubai Tour and the Abu Dhabi Tour — also organised by RCS Media Group — which are already on TAG Heuer time. The presence of the Swiss watch brand will be signalled by high visibility at all events (panel advertising at the start, finish, and along the routes, TV adverts, and on team vehicles during time trials, etc.), as well as various social media initiatives, customer invitations and the organisation of unique and unconventional events.
Jean-Claude Biver announced: “Cycling is a universal, international sport, the popularity of which bridges the age gap. I have big plans for our involvement in this ever growing sport, which offers us a unique marketing platform with fantastic visibility throughout the world.”
To check out the entire TAG Heuer collection including many sportive watches, please click here.
TAG Heuer Calendar 2017
- Cadel Evans Great Ocean Race, Australia: 28th and 29th January 2017
- Dubai Tour: from 31st January to 4th February 2017
- Abu Dhabi Tour: from 23rd to 26th February 2017
- Strade Bianche: 4th March
- Tirreno-Adriatico: from 8th to 14th March
- Milano-San Remo: 18th March 2017
- Giro d’Italia: from 5th to 28th May 2017
- Amgen Tour of California: from 14th to 20th May 2017
- Milano-Torino: 4th October 2017
- Gran Piemonte: 25th June 2017
- Il Lombardia: 7th October 2017